Placing a Request
If an item is on loan to another borrower or is held at one of our other campuses you can place a request. Our online service makes it easy to request, collect and return items from a library of your choice.
To do this:
1. Connect to FINDit
2. Sign in using your University username and password via the staff and students link
3. Type in your search
4. From the results list select the location link for the item you require
5. Select Request Options: Request from a USW Library link
6. Complete the online form, stating the Pickup Location you wish to collect from
7. Click on the Request button to complete your request
Collecting your requests
When your requests are ready to collect you will be sent an e-mail. Books requested from our other campuses will normally be available for collection within 2 working days.
Most items will be held for 7 days and then, if uncollected, it will be returned to the shelves.
However, if we use items from the HIGH DEMAND Collection they will only be held for 3 days before being returned to the shelves.
- You can have up to 5 active requests at any one time.
- If an item is requested by another borower you may receive an email recalling the item. Please return it by the due date.
- My Account allows you to see your loans and the dates they are due back; you can login to My Account using your student ID number and password.
To learn more about your My Account watch our short film.
Please collect your requests as soon as possible. They will be held at the Request collection points in Treforest, Glyntaff , ATRiuM and Newport.