Please note the following deadlines for placing requests over the Christmas vacation:
Last date to add a British Library Request will be Friday December 15th. Normal service will resume 2nd January 2018
Last date to place a request for items in USW libraries will be Monday 18th December. Normal service will resume 2nd January 2018
Placing a Request
If an item is on loan to another borrower or is held at one of our other campuses you can place a Request.
Our online service makes it easy to request, collect and return items from a library of your choice.
To do this:
1. Connect to FINDit
2. Sign in using your University username and password via the staff and students link
3. Type in your search
4. From the results list select the Locations link for the item you require
5. Select Request Options: Request from a USW Library link
6. Complete the online form, selecting the Pickup Location you wish to collect from
7. Click on the Request button to complete your request
When your requests are ready to collect you will be sent an e-mail. Books requested from our other campuses will normally be available for collection within 2 working days.
Most items will be held for 7 days and then, if uncollected, it will be returned to the shelves.
However, if the items are HIGH DEMAND they will only be held for 3 days before being returned to the shelves.
- You can have up to 5 active requests at any one time.
- If an item is requested by another borower you may receive an email recalling the item. Please return the item as soon as possible; fines will be incurred if requested loans are returned after the due date.
- To check your loans, recalled items and fines, use My Account which can be accessed via the My Account link on FINDit. Log into My Account using your student ID number and password; to learn more about your My Account, watch our short film.
You can collect your requests from the Request Collection points in Treforest, Glyntaff , Cardiff and Newport.
Please collect your requests as soon as possible