What is an electronic journal?
An e-journal or Electronic Journal is simply a journal or magazine that is available online.
Advantages of accessing a journal online:
- Makes searching for articles on a specific subject much easier.
- As long as you have internet access you can access anytime, anywhere.
- You can e-mail articles to yourself or download them for printing.
- Links in the text/article provide access to other related sources of information.
- Can include more images and audio-visual material.
- Are interactive – you can e-mail the author or editor with your comments.
Do I need any special software to read these journals?
You need internet access. You will require reader software to be installed on your computer. Most e-journals are published in either HTML or PDF (Adobe Acrobat) format. You can freely download the reader software from The Adobe website.
How do I find out what is available?
The Library currently subscribes to over 30,000 e-journals through a variety of service providers or hosts. These services are only available to University staff and students.
is our platform which allows you to search for journal articles on specific subjects, as well as all the journal titles subscribed to by the Library.
Use the Findit Help guide to aid your searching, or contact your Information Librarian
You will also find key e-journals in the subject guides
Will I need a username and password to use these resources?
Access to our e-journals collections is restricted to staff and students of the University of South Wales. You will be prompted to log on with your university username and password. See our webpage for more details about access and passwords.
Can I access e-journals from home?
Yes, either via the library link on UniLife or from the library website.
What do I do if I have difficulty using any of the e-journals services?
If you need help please do not hesitate to contact your Information Librarian